As part of Boracay’s reopening to tourist last June 2021, here’s the latest guidelines and requirements needed when travelling to the island paradise.
Boracay Travel Requirements:
As much as you can, try to complete the required steps as listed as some of the steps are required to complete the previous step:
1. Book a Round-Trip Flight to Caticlan
Book a flight to Boracay Airport in Caticlan (MPH). Kalibo Airport is currently designated to residents only. A Face mask and face shield are required when on the flight. Don’t forget to book your Boracay transfers as well! You can book HERE.
2. Book a DOT-Accredited Hotel
Make sure that you book a DOT-Accredited hotel, as well as a hotel that has a Certificate of Authority to Operate.
You can book our sister hotel – Patio Pacific Boracay and their newly-renovated rooms. Check out their Special Offers HERE.
3. Get a RT-PCR Covid Test
Get tested at a licensed Covid-19 testing laboratory. Please see the up-to-date list of those laboratories here: https://doh.gov.ph/licensed-covid-19-testing-laboratories
You can choose between a saliva or a nose swab RT-PCR test, both are accepted. Children that are 2 years and younger are exempted from this requirement.
Please note that your flight departure date needs to be within 72 hours after you were tested.
4. Fill out the Health Declaration Form
Access https://www.touristboracay.com/ and choose Boracay on the Where To page. Make sure you have your flight details, hotel booking, and a copy of your ID.
5. Email the following documents to email@example.com using the email subject OHDC-FamilyName, FirstName:
- screenshot of the OHDC confirmation
- proof of identification with Philippine Residency
- RT-PCR Negative Result Certificate (saliva, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal) with the date of extraction within 72 hours to date of travel (https://hfsrb.doh.gov.ph/list-of-licensed-covid-19-testing-facilities/)
- a copy of confirmed booking slip/form from a Boracay accommodation establishment with DOT CAO, (https://bit.ly/3cFuR07)
- roundtrip flight/travel details (Only Caticlan Airport can be used by those traveling via air as per IATF RESOLUTION NO. 74 Series of 2020, September 24, 2020)
- a copy of the PENDING S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) application from https://s-pass.ph/
S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit (TCP) is NOT a requirement for issuance of Tourist QR Code but for hassle-free travel, the government is recommending that all tourists apply for S-Pass TCP because airlines/airports or seaports might require tourists to present it during their travel.
Multiple tourist documents can be sent in one email. Just include a listing of the names of the tourists including infants and children.
Please submit your documents at least 12 hours or more before your flight/travel to avoid delays. They are validating your documents with the accommodation establishments and the laboratories and this takes some time. For faster processing, we encourage you to get your RT-PCR with laboratories that include a QR code in their result certificates. Please send only valid documents as falsification is punishable by law.
6. Wait for Email Response if successful or unsuccessful
Wait for the email response (successful or unsuccessful) of the Final Validator. The validation team processes the QR Code within several minutes from receipt of the email and usually responds within an hour. If you have not received any response within two hours, please send another follow-up email.
7. If Successful, you’ll receive your Tourist QR Code
If processing is successful, a copy of HDC with Tourist QR Code will be sent back. Keep the Tourist QR Code with you at all times. Have a printed or digital copy. The QR Code will be used in the ports of entry/exit (land, air, sea) as well as in accessing services in Boracay Island.
8. If Unsuccessful:
If processing is unsuccessful, an email will be sent to you requesting additional requirements or clarification. Please immediately comply with this to avoid delays in the QR Code release.
Your Tourist QR Code has an expiry of twelve (12) hours from your accommodation checkout time. If you are extending your stay in Boracay Island, please send an email with a new booking slip showing the extension to firstname.lastname@example.org before your original checkout time.